School is in for the summer with Michael Simpson, programming expert and technical instructor, as he brings online video courses coupled with live mentoring sessions during July.
Simpson’s courses are part of nine unique online IT training courses with live mentoring sessions designed to fast-track career advancement opportunities as part of GogoTraining’s Mentor-Accelerated Summer IT Training Program. The courses are scheduled in July of 2011 only, are affordable for anyone to take, and offer limited seats available.
Michael Simpson’s courses are:
- Introduction to Android Programming: This training course is designed to quickly get you up to speed with writing apps for Android devices. This course will teach you the basis of the Android platform and the application lifecycle. You will be able to write simple GUI applications, use built-in widgets and components, work with the database to store data locally, and much more by the end of this online course.
- Java 6 with Swing & Servlets: This course covers Java 6, an object-oriented programming language specifically created for developing applications that will run on a local-area network (LAN) or on the Internet. The training teaches you the fundamentals of the Java language and packages. You will be able to use graphical user interfaces to persist information to the file system upon completion of this Java training. You will also learn how to use databases and Web technologies with Java. After completing this training course, you will be able to create multi-threaded, networked applications, use generics, access relational databases, and use servlets.
Michael Simpson’s 27-year career as a knowledge engineer, developer and instructor have afforded him the opportunity to develop a unique set of skills for technical training. Mr. Simpson has created almost one hundred weeklong training courses in diverse technical areas and supervised the development of over fifty others.
These courses include the following student experience:
- WATCH online video course modules (assigned by week).
- DO hands-on lab work and exercises.
- ATTEND live, weekly online sessions with instructor.
The live, weekly online sessions allow students to:
- REVIEW the material watched during the previous week.
- DISCUSS the material with instructor including any questions.
- PREVIEW the material for the coming week.
Register today as seats are limited and filling up!