To watch the videos and access the materials that come with
this course, please follow the instructions that were sent to
when you purchased the course.
The COBIT® 5 Foundation Online Training Course provides a comprehensive introduction to COBIT 5. The course is accredited by PeopleCert and fully prepares you to sit for the PeopleCert COBIT 5 certificate exam. In this course you will learn what COBIT 5 is, what it sets out to do and how it achieves its purposes. You will gain an understanding of the governance and management of enterprise IT, learn how to create awareness at senior levels and decide which elements of COBIT will benefit your organization.
- Online self-paced interactive learning platform
- Select 30 or 60 days online access
- 24/7 availability
- Accredited by PeopleCert
- Comes with video lessons, quizzes, exercises, study guides, the official syllabus and sample exams
- 18 hours of study
- Tutor support included
Who Should Take This Course
This COBIT Foundation Online Certification Training Course benefits a range of roles in the organization that need to understand what COBIT 5 is, how COBIT 5 benefits organizations, and individuals who will be responsible for implementing COBIT 5 into their organization. These roles include: Business Management, Chief Executives, IT/IS Auditors, Internal Auditors, Information Security and IT Practitioners, Consultants, IT/IS Management and anyone else with an interest in IT governance and management.
The course is based on the COBIT 5 guides. The first one is The COBIT 5 Business Framework for the Governance and Management of Enterprise IT which is available for free from the ISACA Website. This is an essential document for this course, so you will want to be sure to download it before you start taking the course. The second guide is The COBIT 5 Process Assessment Model and it is not necessary for reading in this course. If you are an ISACA member the second guide is available to you as part of your membership. If not and you would like a copy, it is available for purchase from ISACA.
This course comes with 6 easy to absorb video lessons that cover terminology, structure, concepts and value. The 6 modules reflect the main subject areas, and each contains individual lessons. Most of the lessons include exercises that allow you to apply what you have learned, and you will find suggested answers in your study guide. You will also find quizzes at the end of most of the lessons. The quizzes are mandatory and control your access to lessons on your first run through of the course. You will want to begin by opening your official syllabus and other course documents found in the download area.
The lessons in the course are designed to be taken in order and are locked until you have watched each lesson. After you take the class in order and have unlocked all the lessons you can review the lessons in any order. You can purchase the course with or without the exam voucher. Both the course and the Exam Vouchers are available to be purchased through GogoTraining. See Purchase Options below.
COBIT Foundation Course Delivery
After you purchase the COBIT Foundation course you will receive course access instructions within 4 hours. You have 28 days to activate your course following your purchase of the course and once activated your course will be available for the number of days purchased. If you need help accessing your course contact, firstname.lastname@example.org.
COBIT Foundation Provider
The COBIT Foundation course was created by IT Training Zone, Ltd, an accredited training organization. This course is accredited by PeopleCert.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Define the 5 key principles of COBIT 5
- Identify the business benefits of using COBIT 5
- Explain the COBIT 5 product architecture
- Understand the enterprise governance and management of enterprise IT
- Explain the IT management issues and challenges that affect the enterprise
- Create awareness among executives and senior managers, both in the business and IT
- Determine which aspects of COBIT 5 could benefit your organization
- Share how COBIT 5 enables IT to be governed and managed in a holistic way for the entire enterprise
- Use the COBIT 5 processes and process reference model to help implement COBIT 5 practices
There are no prerequisites to take this course. If you hold the ITIL Foundation or the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificates this course will suit you well.
Module 1: Overview and Key Features
Module 2: Principles
Module 3: Enablers
Module 4: Implementation
Module 5: Process Capability Assessment Model
Module 6: Exam Preparation
Cobit 5 Foundation Exam
The Cobit 5 Foundation exam is an onlie proctored exam given by PeopleCert. The Cobit 5 Foundation provides candidates with a holistic undersatnding of the governance and management of internal information systems and technology from an organizational perspective. The Cobit 5 Foundation tests this knowledge which include identifying key problem areas. It is ieal for professionals involved in quality assurance, secuirty, risk, privacy/compliance and business leaders involved with the governance and management of information and IT.
COBIT 5 Exam Details
- Exam Prerequisites: None
- Delivery Format: Online web proctored available 24/7
- Exam Duration: You will have up to 40 minutes to complete the exam
- Exam Type: 50 question multiple choice closed book exam
- Passing Score: You must answer 25/50 questions correctly (50%) to pass
- Exam Expiration: 1 year from the date of order
To maximize your chance for success with the exam you will need to spend at least 18 hours studying all of your course materials. To do this it is recommended that you:
- Watch all the video tutorials - at least twice
- Complete all exercises and quizzes
- Use the study guides
- Read--at least one time--the COBIT 5 Framework Guide
- Make your own study notes
- Take the sample exam and review all of the official answers provided with your courseware
The online proctored exam is offered by PeopleCert and you can purchase it with your course or separately below. Students should have completed the COBIT 5 Foundation course before requesting their exam.