The ITIL 4 Leader: Digital & IT Strategy Certification is a senior level course/certification designed for individuals with three (3) or more years of management experience. It focuses on the importance and challenges of creating an appropriate digital strategy to enable success across departments and organizations. It also looks at how the digital business strategy can (and should) be integrated into the IT strategy and aligned with the wider organization’s goals.
The course explores the use of the ITIL framework to support organizations in their digital transformation journey by providing a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges and utilizing the potential of modern technology to get the most value from digital technology. It also adds a new perspective to the ITIL suite and elevates the discussion around ITIL concepts into strategic levels among companies and business leaders.
- This course is taught by ITIL Expert and IT Service Management Leader, Dr. Suzanne Van Hove.
- When you take this course you have direct access to Suzanne to ask questions and gain from her experience.
- This course in a self-paced on-demand course so you drive your training schedule.
- The course comes with 1 Year Access
- Course Materials
- You will receive 4 Case Study Assignments that Dr. Van Hove will grade.
- Sample Exams
- Exam Advice
ITIL 4 Practices
The course covers the following ITIL 4 practices to enable students to understand the factors that contribute to success in this arena:
- Architecture Management
- Measurement and Reporting
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- Service Financial Management
- Strategy Management
- Workforce and Talent Management
Who Should Take This Course?
This course is designed for professionals across organizations who would like guidance and certification in the practices that will enable them to help craft a digital vision, shape an IT and business strategy and drive organizational change including:
- IT Service Managers
- Business Directors
- Heads of Departments
- Experienced Professionals looking to advanced their career
- Seasoned Project Managers and Business Analysts who want to learn about IT Strategy
View all course details
Guiding principles and DITS
- Apply the ITIL guiding principles to all aspects of DITS
DITS Key Concepts Applied to Strategy
- Understand ‘digital’ concepts – digital technology, digital business, digital organization, digital transformation, digitization
- Differentiate between product and service management, digital and IT strategies, business strategies and business models
- Apply DITS principles to the service value system (SVS)
DITS and Environmental Analysis
- Apply the SVS and the service value chain to markets that are digitally transforming
- Use PESTLE and the four dimensions to analyze the environment
DITS, Digital Disruption, Organizational Viability
- Explain how the concepts of agile, resilient, lean, continuous, and co-creation define organizational viability
- Explain and apply VUC
- Explain the three levels of digital disruption
- Explain the factors that influence an organization’s market position
- Use a digital positioning tool
Achieving Customer/Market Relevance and Operational Excellence
- Define and apply the various approaches to achieve customer/market relevance
- Show the relationship between the four dimensions and operational excellence
- Discuss and apply the financial aspects of DITS (policies, portfolios, funding, charging, balancing innovation and operations)
DITS, Risk, and Opportunities
- Apply risk management to digital organization
- Within DITS, identify and assess risk
- Explain how to balance risk and opportunity (risk posture)
- Managing innovation – what is it and how do you develop an innovation culture?
Creating a Digital Strategy
- Using a digital readiness assessment
- Communicating a vision and strategy
- Using business cases within DITS
Implementing a Digital Strategy
- Define operating models for a digital organization
- Digital leadership skills/capabilities
- Coordinate and implement strategy (large-scale, incremental, mergers/acquisitions, individual change)
- Apply a parallel operating model (POM)
- Assessing success of a DITS
- Define and explain digital transformation activities
View all course details
All students must have a minimum of three (3) years IT Managerial Experience in order to qualify to take this course.
There are two paths to qualifying to take the Digital and IT Strategy (DITS) Course:
- Take and complete the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification
- Take and complete the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Certification
Please note that if you are ITIL 4 Managing Professional Certified, after you take and successfully complete the DITS course you will have the DITS Certification and the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Designation. If you come to this course from the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification, then you will need to take this course and the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Direct, Plan and Improve Course to hold the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader Designation.View all course details