The VeriSM Foundation course is taught by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove a key contributor to the VeriSM Approach and author of the VeriSM publications. If you are ready to learn about VeriSM, you picked the right person to learn with. Suzanne is passionate about the approach and its ability to supercharge your organization. Suzanne is hands-on with her students and always there to answer your quesions.
What is VeriSM™ and Why Is It Important?
VeriSM, a new and exciting approach to Service Management developed by the International Foundation for Digital Competences (IFDC), enables organizations to meet and exceed customer requirements and compete successfully in the digital age.
Key Course Features:
- Get VeriSM Foundation qualified online at your own pace
- 1 year online access to the course and all materials
- Course comes with instructor-led video lectures and exercises
- Full Access to the instructor - Dr. Suzanne Van Hove - to ask questions
What makes VeriSM different?
Current practices associated with Service Management are really IT Service Management – meaning the IT department has the role of service provider. In VeriSM, the entire organization is the service provider and all the various departments within the organization are its capabilities. Each capability has a role in the delivery of service to the consumer. VeriSM is based on enterprise governance and its associated principles. Defining these provides the necessary guardrails for the capabilities in how they react to their organizational portfolio (the various products and services) and consumers.
Introducing the Management Mesh
The Management Mesh is the core to the VeriSM Approach. It allows organizations to map their resources, environment, management methods and emerging technologies to allow them to make the best decisions in how to address consumer requirements. These four-parts take into account organizational governance and principles as it assesses the organizations capabilities and requirements. It is the critical point of VeriSM. It is what makes VeriSM different. VeriSM is not a competitor to ITIL, Agile, DevOps, COIT or any of the ISO Standards. The mesh is what enables the organization to determine which of those frameworks, methods and governance approaches need to be used. The Management Mesh is what enables organizations to take an organizational wide approach on delivering "services" to the consumer. VeriSM is about changing the mindset of the organization to understand that the entire organization is the service provider.
VeriSM Embraces and Enhances "Digital"
Digital transformation and digital disruption are key elements in today’s service industry. Digital transformation addresses the organizations who apply digital technologies to current working practices, products or services allowing them to enter into new markets and deliver those products and services faster. Digital disruption is where digital technologies have been applied to radically change an industry – think about taxis and Uber, hotels and Airbnb and others. In either case, Service Management needs to embrace, support and incorporate these transformative practices in their management system. VeriSM defines that path.
Who is VeriSM Designed For?
VeriSM training and certification is designed for the service management organization – every department, every team, everyone. Everyone has an input to the products and services of an organization. This training is especially useful to those who will be involved in the digital transformation efforts but again, all professionals and organizations involved in delivering value to customers through the development, delivery, operation and/or promotion of services will benefit.
How VeriSM Certification Will Benefit You and Your Organization
As VeriSM applies across the entire organization, the Foundation course provides the fundamentals of Service Management as well as the key concepts around digitizing Service Management. The main benefit then is the unification of concepts across the entire organization where service delivery is a shared activity among the organizational capabilities. Other benefits of VeriSM include:
- Integration of management methods (DevOps, Agile, Lean, SIAM, ITIL, COBIT…)
- A responsive model that aligns with current business goals/objectives
- Enables the use of emerging technologies
- Transforms the organizational culture
- Knowledge on how to integrate new service management practices
- Preparation for digital transformation efforts
- Enhancing service management skills and competencies
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Define the elements of enterprise governance and their importance in directing organizational activities
- Define a service culture
- Apply concepts of leading and managing people and organizations (e.g., teams, defining a professional, managing consumers, communication elements, organizational change…)
- Understand and apply the VeriSM Model
- Define the progressive management methods (e.g., Agile, Lean, DevOps…) and apply appropriately based on requirements
- Explain the impact of technology to service management and overall service delivery
- Take the VeriSM Foundation Exam
There are no prerequisites for the Foundation course and exam, however, it is highly recommended that candidates take an Accredited VeriSM Foundation Course prior to taking the VeriSM Foundation Exam. This course is Accredited by EXIN and taught by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove. Dr. Van Hove is a service management expert with over 20 years' experience and is one of the three contributing authors of the VeriSM Management Approach.
VeriSM Certification is designed for:
- Service Owners
- Service Managers
- IT Professionals
- Customer Service Representatives
- Finance, Sales and Marketing Personnel
- Every Member of a Service Organization
Module 00: Course Introduction - VeriSM Foundation
Module 01: Organizations
- Key Concepts & Terms for VeriSM
- Developing an Organizational Culture
- The Importance of Governance
Module 02: Digital Transformation
- What is Digital Transformation? Digital Disruption?
- How does Service Management address the Digital Transformation of Services?
- Challenges of a Digital Transformation
Module 03: Service Culture
- What is a Service Culture?
- What does a Service Culture bring to the business?
- Creating a Service Culture
Module 04: People
- Leaders and Managers – Why They Are Both Important
- Developing Professionals
Module 05: Service Management & Teams
- What is a Team?
- How do Teams develop?
- Building a Team and How do you know if it’s a successful team?
Module 06: Common Challenges in Service Management
- Managing Internal Relationships – Dealing with Silos, Tribalism and Virtual Teams
- Managing External Relationships – Dealing with Consumers and Suppliers
- Managing Expectations
- Communication Challenges
- Moving to a Service Culture with Organizational Change Management
- Managing Stakeholders
Module 07: The VeriSM Model
- What is an Operating Model?
- Benefits of Using an Operating Model
- VeriSM Model Overview and Enterprise Governance
Module 08: Service Management Principles
- Redefining Traditional Service Management
- Common Principles
- What is the Management Mesh?
- How do I use the Management Mesh?
Module 09: The VeriSM Model: Define Stage Activities
- Activities of the Design Stage
- Sub-activities of the Design Stage
Module 10: The VeriSM Model: Produce Stage Activities
- Activities of the Produce Stage
- Sub-activities of the Produce Stage
Module 11: The VeriSM Model: Provide Stage Activities
- Activities of the Provide Stage
- Sub-activities of the Provide Stage
Module 12: The VeriSM Model: Respond Stage Activities
- Activities of the Respond Stage
- Sub-activities of the Respond Stage
Module 13: Adapting the VeriSM Model
- How does an organization use VeriSM?
- Measuring the Operating Model: Elements of Value and Quality
- Reporting Achievements
Module 14: Progressive Practices: Agile
- What are the Progressive Management Practices?
- Agile – Key Concepts, Agile Manifesto, Agile Mindset, Benefits
- When to use Agile Practices
- Agile and Service Management
Module 15: Progressive Practices: DevOps
- DevOps – Key Concepts, Values, Core Philosophies, Benefits
- When to use DevOps Practices
- DevOps and Service Management
Module 16: Progressive Practices: SIAM
- SIAM – Key Concepts, Benefits
- When to use SIAM Practices
- SIAM and Service Management
Module 17: Progressive Practices: Lean
- Lean – Key Concepts, Lean Principles, Benefits
- What is Value Stream Mapping
- When to use Lean Practices
- Lean and Service Management
Module 18: Progressive Practices: Shift Left
- Shift Left – Key Concepts, Benefits
- When to use Shift Left Practices
- Shift Left and Service Management
Module 19: Progressive Practices: CX/UX
- CX/UX – Key Concepts, Net Promotor Score®, Benefits
- When to use CX/UX Practices
- CX/UX and Service Management
Module 20: Progressive Practices: Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Delivery – Key Concepts, Benefits
- When to use Continuous Delivery Practices
- Continuous Delivery and Service Management
Module 21: Emerging Technologies
- Impact and Implications of Technology
- Know the Meanings of and Benefits for:
- Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Automation, Big Data, IoT, Mobile Computing, BYOX, Serverless Computing, AI, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation, Containerization
Module 22: Getting Started with VeriSM
- Considerations for Adopting
- Reactive and Proactive Operations
Who should get VeriSM Certified?
VeriSM Foundation Certification is essential to anyone who works with products or services, especially:
- Everyone within a service provider
- Managers across the organization – learn how to leverage the evolving management practices
- Service Owners and service manager – maintaining a current skill set and understanding of the changes in service management
- Executives – as accountable parties for the functionality of the organization, understand where their influence is necessary and required
- IT Professionals – understand the impact of evolving management practices and how to leverage emerging technologies to service design
- Undergraduates and graduate students to enhance their skill set and upgrade their employability
The VeriSM Foundation Exam is a 1 hour closed book exam consisting of 40 multiple choice questions. Candidates must successfully answer 26 questions (65%) to pass the exam. The exam is available in English only at this time. The price for the EXIN Online Anywhere exam is $199. While formal training is not required, it is highly recommended that candidates complete an Accredited VeriSM Foundation course prior to sitting for the exam.
- Number of exam questions: 40
- Type of exam: Multiple Choice
- Closed Book
- No Electronic Equipment Allowed
- Passing Mark: 26/40 (65%)
- Duration: 1 hour
- Available Languages: English
- Exam price: $199
How to Order and Take Your VeriSM Foundation Exam:
You can order your VeriSM Foundation Exam from GogoTraining by purchasing it when you purchase the course or you can purchase it when you are ready to take the exam. Both options are available on the GogoTraining VeriSM Foundation Page. When you are ready to take your VeriSM Foundation Exam you will email CustomerService@GogoTraining.com to let us know you are ready to take your VeriSM Foundation Exam.
In order to process the exam for you we will need to know the Country you will be in when you take the exam and the language you want the exam to be in. With this information the GogoTraining Customer Service Team will get your exam order placed. We process exams Monday to Friday. Once your exam has been processed the Customer Service team will send you an email with your exam voucher attached. Once you receive this email you will register for the day and time of day you would like to take your exam.
You have up to 1 year to use the EXIN VeriSM Foundation Exam Voucher. Once you begin the process on the EXIN website you have 21 days to complete the exam. You will see that the exam voucher has an expiration date that is 1 year from the date you requested us to provide the exam voucher, however, once you start the exam process, i.e., select the time/date of the exams, your 21-day clock begins.
How can we help? Customer Service is standing by to get you pricing and answer your questions.