How to Take Your Exam
The Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP) course is accredited by APMG and IAITAM and completing this course fully qualifies you to sit for the IAITAM Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP) examination given by IAITAM.
Online certification testing is available for students after course completion, with a valid exam voucher. The voucher may be purchased from GogoTraining only at the time the course is purchased.
All students who purchase an exam voucher from GogoTraining when they purchase the course must contact IAITAM with their certificate after completing the video portion of the course for exam scheduling options. All exam periods are 14 days. Exams can be taken any day of the week. Students receive exam access for 14 days which includes 2 full weekends.
If the exam is not purchased at the same time as the course, you may purchase the exam at the non-member price of $350 by contacting IAITAM directly within 90 days of the date on your course completion certificate.
Students can use their manual and presentation while taking their exam, but are not permitted to use the internet or interact with instructors, other students, supervisors etc., while the exam is in progress.
Testing requires non-interrupted internet connection and may be taken at any time during the 14 day period. Once a test is started students are required to complete it during that session and are permitted up to 3 hours to complete the exam. Candidates who purchase an exam voucher receive one test retake free of charge if they fail to achieve pass status on the first attempt. The retake is available after a 24 hour window of the first attempt and must be completed during the 14 day open period.
If a student is unable to attempt their exam during the extension period or does not pass one or both attempts they may purchase just the exam package through IAITAM only at non-member pricing (no discounts apply).
The Certification Exam consists of one hundred (100) questions are on each IAITAM certification exam and a passing mark is achieved by attaining 85% or higher. If a student is unable to complete the exam and retake (if needed) within their 14 day window, a one-time 7 day extension can be purchased for $50 USD; this option must be completed before the initial 14 day window expires.
If you have purchased the exam with your course, immediately upon completion:
- Download your Certificate of Completion from the course page
- Login to IAITAM - GoGo Course Access
- Under Material or Exam Access, select Exam Access and click Submit
You will be required to upload your Certificate of Completion and IAITAM will be notified. They will review your submission and contact you with exam access information the next business day.
Any questions concerning IAITAM materials can be submitted to Info@iaitam.org. IAITAM business hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm EST. During that time, please expect a response within 1 business day.
All IAITAM Certifications are valid for one year from the date of certification. Before your recertification due date, you can recertify by either taking another IAITAM course and exam or by paying IAITAM $125 and taking a survey and a 20 question quiz. When you take a second course and pass the exam your current certification is automatically updated to be one (1) year from the date of the most recent certification and you do not need to pay the $125 recertification fee. The recertification process is handled directly with IAITAM.
- Once you begin an exam attempt, you will have 3 hours to answer 100 multiple choice and True/False questions.
- Once you’ve submitted an answer, it cannot be changed. In the same vein, all questions must be answered in order and questions that are skipped are counted as incorrect.
- The exam is open book so you are welcome to use the course manual and presentation while taking the exam.
- Although open book, IAITAM exams are not group exams so examinees are not permitted to seek questions or answers from other students, trainers or contacts. Copying exam questions or answers or taking screenshots are strictly prohibited and will result in a fail.
- Exam questions are not numbered, so you may want to keep a tally of the number of questions you’ve answered for time management purposes.
- If you do not pass your exam on the first try, you do have 1 complimentary retake. Both attempts must be taken and completed before the deadline. There is a 24 hour cool-down period between the time you end your first attempt and the time your second attempt will open so be sure to take your first attempt well before the deadline so you have time for the second attempt if needed.