The Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI) Certification is part of the ITIL 4 Managing Professional and Strategic Leader Track. The course/certification was designed to provide candidates with the practical skills necessary to create an IT organizations centered on ‘Learning and improving’ from a practical and strategic direction.
Who Should Take DPI?
- ITIL Practitioners
- Continuous Improvement Managers
- Change Managers
- IT Operation Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Service Designers
- Risk Managers
- Compliance Managers
- Cloud System Engineers
- Key Managers and Executives who interact with IT and deliver Digital Services
Why is DPI Important?
DPI is seen as an important course for both Managing Professionals and Strategic Leaders because it provides practical and strategic methods for delivering continual service improvement. DPI focuses on establishing a ‘learning and improving’ IT organization, keeping in mind a strong and effective strategic direction. Core practical skills revolve around planning and delivering continual improvement with a key characteristic of agility.
When you complete this class you will:
- Understand the scope of what is to be directed and/or planned
- Know how to use key principles and methods of direction
- Be able to plan using key principles and methods
- Know how to define effective policies, controls and guidelines
- Understand the role of risk and risk management in DPI
- Identify how governance impacts DPI
- Know how to ensure controls are sufficient and not excessive
- Understand the nature, scope and potential benefits of organizational change management
- Facilitate key principles and methods of communications and OCM
- Identify and manage all types of stakeholders
- Effectively communicate and influence others
- Create effective feedback channels
- Understand how Lean and Agile methods can be leveraged
- How to successfully apply DPI Concepts in the real world
- How to create a “learning and improving’ IT organization
- Be prepared to pass the official ITIL 4 Direct, Plan and Improve Course
Why This Course is the Best Direct, Plan and Improve Course to Take?
- When you take this course you receive instruction from a world-wide leader in the field, Dr. Suzanne Van Hove
- At GogoTraining we bring the classroom to live online so you direct your learning schedule in the most flexible way with online 24/7 access to the course and you have access to the instructor to ask questions.
- All materials are available online
- The course is Accredited by PeopleCert
- We are a PeopleCert and AXELOS Training and Exam Partners
- You receive 1 year access to the course
- You receive a free exam retake voucher
- You receive the best customer service in the world
In order to take the DPI course and exam candidates must hold the ITIL 4 Foundation Certification. Anyone who has taken the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition course may also take this class.
Module 00: Introduction to Direct, Plan & Improve
- ITIL 4 Certification Overview
- Direct, Plan & Improve Publications
- Direct Plan & Improve Learning Outcomes
Module 01: Direct, Plan & Improve: Key Concepts
- Key DPI Concepts
- Key DPI Terms
- How Value, Outcomes, Costs and Risks Relate to DPI
- Measurement and Reporting
Module 02: Understanding ‘Scope’ and Applying Direct, Plan & Improve
- Strategic Planning
- Cascading Objectives
- Policies, Controls and Guidelines
- Decision Making Authority
Module 03: The Role of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) and The Service Value System
- The Role of Governance, Risk and Compliance
- How to Integrate Governance, Risk and Compliance into the SVS
- Risk Management in DPI
- Governance and DPI
Module 04: Continual Improvement
- Key Principles and Methods
- Continual Improvement Model
Module 05: Continual Improvement: Assessment Methods
- How to Identify Assessment Criteria
- Data Collection
- Selecting Assessment Methods
- Assessment Methods and Outputs
Module 06: Continual Improvement: Where do we want to be?
- Defining the Next Point
- Priority and Scope
- Take Action
Module 07: Continual Improvement: Keeping Up Momentum
- Keeping People Engaged
- Lessons Learned Analysis
- Measurement and Reporting Practice
Module 08: Organizational Change Management (OCM) and Communication
- Key Principles
- OCM Purpose and Application
- Key Terms, Principles and Scope
Module 09: Organizational Change Management: Practice Success Factors (PSFs)
- Types of PCFs
- Key Metrics
- OCM and the SVC
Module 10: Organizational Change Management: Stakeholders
- Identifying and Managing Stakeholders
Module 11: Organizational Change Management: Communication Principles
- Types of Effective Communication
- Communication Feedback Channels
- Effective Interfaces
Module 12: Measurement and Reporting in Direct, Plan & Improve
- Key Terms and Definitions
- Reporting Good Practices
- Types of Measurement
Module 13: Measure & Report: Planning and Evaluation Model
- Purposed and Objectives of the Planning and Evaluation Model
- Balanced Scorecard
- Success Factors and KPIs
Module 14: Direct, Plan & Improve Value Streams and Practices
- Differences Between Value Streams and Practices
- Value Stream Mapping
- Measuring the Four Dimensions
Module 15: Value Streams & Practices: Apply Guiding Principles to Direct, Plan & Improve
- Applying the 7 Guiding Principles
- Optimizing and Creating Workflows
- Efficient Designs and Workflow Metrics
- Theory of Constraints and Kanban
- Institutionalizing Change
Module 16: Summary
In order to take this exam students must have completed an accredited Direct, Plan and Improve course.
- The DPI exam is a ‘closed book” exam
- Publications are not permitted to be used in the exam
- The exam is 90 minutes in duration
- Students taking the exam in a language that is not their native language are awarded 25% extra time
- There are 40 questions, each worth 1 mark
- You need to get 28 questions correct (70%) to pass the exam
- The questions are all multiple choice
- Direct, Plan and Improve Concepts
- Direction, Planning and Principles in Context
- GRC Principles and Methods
- Continual Improvement
- Organizational Change Management
- Measurement, Indicators and Reporting
- Measurement and Value Streams
- Stakeholder, Communication and Feedback
How Is the Exam Taken?
The exam vouchers provided by GogoTraining are for online proctored exams. This gives you the flexibility of taking the exam from any location.
When Will I Receive My Exam Voucher?
Exam voucher orders are purchased within 24 hours following purchase Monday to Friday.
How Long Is My Exam Voucher Valid?
Exam vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. If for any reason you need an extension, PeopleCert sells 6 month exam extensions as long as the extension is purchased prior to the date your exam voucher is set to expire. Please note that the exam extension must be ordered before your exam expires.
How Do I Schedule My Exam?
Once we order your voucher you will receive an immediate email from PEOPLECERT which includes a link and instructions on how to register to take your exam.
When Can I Take My Exam?
Exam slots are available 7 days a week 24 hours a day. Exam vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase. If for any reason you do not take your exam within the year you can purchase an exam voucher extension that will be valid for an additional 6 months. Please note that the extension must be ordered before your exam expires.
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course is Accredited by PeopleCert and PeopleCert is the ITIL Exam Institute that will proctore your exam.
Thank you for choosing GogoTraining!