This Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) on-demand training course is accredited by APMG and IAITAM and completing this course fully qualifies you to sit for the CSAM examination given by IAITAM.
- Flexible On-Demand Learning
- Learn with IAITAM Instructors
- Receive eBook Access to Official Course Materials
- 1 Free Exam Retake with Exam Voucher Purchase
- Instructor Support to Ask Questions
- Save 50% When You Purchase the Course & Exam Package
The IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (“CSAM”) Course provides a foundation for managing software assets, as well as knowledge of the ever-changing variables that occur within the field. In this course, students will learn best practices in Software Asset Management, as well as the when and why to question why something should or should not be done, how to clearly identify goals, and how to quantify success. This course is designed to guide individuals within the profession to gain awareness of existing software regulations, the importance of adhering to the regulations and how those regulations have effect on every aspect of current and future business endeavors. Additionally, the attendee will learn the importance and the steps necessary to achieve a proactive stance when dealing with software compliance.
With instruction focused on Communication and Education, Policy, Procedures, Project Management, Software Assets and Compliance Management, the course brings to light the importance of a well planned and executed Software Asset Management Program.
Course Materials: IAITAM provides GogoTraining students with an electronic copy of the course materials. IAITAM does not provide hard copies of the materials to students who take the eLearning class and will not sell hard copies of the materials to students taking the eLearning class. The electronic materials that are provided to students taking IAITAM’s online class delivered on the GogoTraining platform are 100% identical to the materials that IAITAM provides and uses in their classroom courses.
View all course details
Module 00: Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM)- Course Introduction
Module 01: IT Asset Management (ITAM) Profession Introduction
- International association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM)
- 12 Key Process Areas (KPAs) in Certified Mobile Asset Management
- IT Asset Management as a Profession
- Exercises: Communication Styles Assessment & KPAs Assessment
Module 02: Communication Styles Assessment & KPAs Assessment Discussion
Module 03: Advocating for your IT Asset Management Program
- Policy Management
Module 04: Compliance Management
- Using Software to the Letter of the Law
- You Don’t Own the Software; You Just Own the Right to Use it
- You Are Being Monitored
Module 05: Creating a Compliance Management Approach
- How to prepare for a compliance event
- What documents are needed for compliance?
- Due diligence needed to build a compliance process
- Quiz: Compliance Requirements for Software
Module 06: Proactive versus Reactive Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Adhoc and Chaotic SAM
- Audit Letters
- Responding to an Audit Letter
- Preparing for the Dreaded Audit Letter
Module 07: Software License Management
- License Management Processes
- License Document Management
- License Types
- Quiz: Being Proactive
Module 08: Automation
- Tools for SAM
- Enable Predictability in Outcomes
- Choosing the Right Tool
- What Tools Can Do You
Module 09: The Software Acquisition Best Practices
- Starting with the Request
- Standards versus Non-standards
- More Acquisition Best Practice
Module 10: The Software Acquisition Process
- Benefits of SAM
- Savings Opportunities
- Analytical SAM
- Exercise: How Does Software Get Into Your Organization?
Module 11: Exercise Review: How Does Software Get Into Your Organization?
Module 12: Why You Should Negotiate Your Software Purchases
- Creating Terms Favorable to your Organization
- Setting the Legal Standard for Software
- What to do if You Can’t Negotiate
Module 13: Lawyers, Agreements and Terms
- Understanding License Agreements
- Must have Terms and Conditions
- Working with Lawyers
Module 14: Artifacts of IT Assets (AKA Documentation)
- Why are documents so important?
- The Lifecycle of SAM Documents
- Documentation as an IT Asset
- Exercise: Where is Your Documentation?
Module 15: Exercise Discussion: Where is Your Documentation?
Module 16: Vendor Management
- Vendor Management Processes
- Vendor Management Roles and Policies
- Advantages to Managing Your Vendors
Module 17: Managing Vendors and Hardware Role in SAM
- Vendor Offerings and Removal
- What You and the Hardware Asset Manager Have in Common
- Collecting Feedback on Your Vendors
Module 18: Introduction to Project Management
- Why Use Project Management with SAM
- Project Management Offices (PMO) and SAM
- Project Planning Approaches
- Quiz: Project Management
This course is designed for those individuals with minimal to no experience in the field of Software Asset Management.View all course details