The Side Entry to the Expert in IT Service Management Certification based on ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 was created for ITIL® Experts so they can leverage their knowledge and skills in this field and to achieve the ITSM Expert Certification based on ISO/IEC 20000-1. The Side Entry is only available to ITIL Experts.
The Side Entry consists of two (2) Practical Assignments. The exercises were created by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove as part of EXIN’s ITSM curriculum. A passing mark on both Practical Assignments qualifies students to sit for the EXIN ITSM Expert Exam. While taking a training course in ISO/ISE 20000 is not required, it is highly recommended that candidates gain familiarity with the Service Management System (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1 and ISO/IEC 20000-2. This knowledge can come from studying the standard, via experience or formal training (take the GogoTraining ITSM Foundation course).
In This Course You Will Learn:
- ITIL Experts will complete 2 practical assignments
- Receive approval to take the Expert Exam upon success completion of the 2 practical assignments
- Please note that this course consists of 2 practical assignments
- There are no video modules with this course
- It is highly recommended that students have a background in or complete the Foundation Course in this series
The EXIN ITSM Expert Side Entry (ISO/IEC 20000) consists of 2 practical exercises. There are no video modules that come with this class. Students are expected to have previous knowledge of the specification or take the EXIN ITSM ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Class.
In order to take the Side Entry candidates must hold the ITIL Expert Certificate. While taking a training course in ISO/ISE 20000 is not required, it is highly recommended that candidates gain familiarity with the SMS. This can be achieved either from studying the standard, via experience or formal training with GogoTraining’s ITSM Foundation course.
In order to take this certification, candidates must hold their ITIL Expert Certification and have passed both Practical Assignments. The exam covers four key areas:
- Planning the service management system
- Implementing and managing the service management system
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting on the service management system
- Improving the service management system
The exam consists of multiple choice questions and essays. The multiple-choice section has 20 questions. Candidates must receive 65% or answer 13 out of 20 questions correctly. The written portion of the exam includes three (3) essays based on the I3C case study. Candidates must receive a score of 50% or 25 out of the possible 50 marks to pass the written portion of the exam. The exam is NOT open book and no electronic devices are permitted. Time allotted for the exam is 120 minutes. Please note that the essay part of the exam will not be scored until the multiple-choice section is passed. In order to receive a certificate, candidates must pass both sections of the exam.
This exam is given by EXIN and EXIN provides all GogoTraining students a 10% discount on Exam fees. To receive the discount, Click Here.
This course qualifies to provide you with continuing education credits in the PMI Schema. To record your PDU's follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.pmi.org/
- Log in using your registered user name
- Go to myPMI, then select Report PDUs on CCRS
- Select Course or Training category
- Fill in all required information