Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics continue to grow as a strong point of interest with medium and large businesses. This is translating into more IT jobs as 2011 progresses. According to Boris Evelson, Forrester vice president and principal analyst, here are five reasons why beefing up the BI skills would likely pay off.
- More budget. IT companies are increasing their investment in this space.
- In-House Friendly. Rather than be prone to outsourcing, BI is a function best kept inside the building.
- Collaboration. Face-to-face collaboration needs to occur between managers, regular users, analysts and the IT department. Evelson forsees the never several years being about collaboration between IT and other teams/disciplines.
- Regular revisits. BI projects are modified on an ongoing basis.
- BI hiring on the rise. With rise of value in BI comes the rise in employment for BI positions. Evelson notes IBM alone is growing their BI services segment from 4,000 to 8,000 people in the next couple of years.