Want to know what you need to know to pass the ITIL 4 Foundation Exam? Check out this great ITIL 4 Exam Tips Video by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove.
As of January 1, 2023 PeopleCert instituted a Certification Renewal program which applies to all PeopleCert certifications, all students and all trainers. All certifications will need to be renewed after three (3) years.
- If you certified before 30 June 2020: you will have until 1 July 2023 to renew your certification, regardless of when you were awarded the certification.
- If certified after June 2020: you will have to renew your certification(s) within 3 years of the original award date.
From 15 January 2023 to 28 February 2023 there are two renewal paths are available:
- Retake the same exam: You can pay and re-take the original exam before the renewal date.
- Take further courses and certifications: You can renew certification by attending another course and taking an exam within the same product suite before the renewal date.
From March 1, 2023, a third renewal path will be available to candidates:
- Collect and log CPD points: You can collect and log 20 CPD points by accruing Professional Development Points (CDP’s) on the MyAxelos membership program. More details on this path will follow in sometime this month.
Successful Candidate Register
When you receive certification, your name will be included in the Successful Candidates Register (SCR) and the Candidate Verification Service. If you elect not to recertify, a note will be added to their record to indicate that their certification needs to be renewed to align with current certification requirements.
For anyone or organizations planning to do ITIL Certifications in 2023, be advised that PeopleCert raised prices effective January 1, 2023 and has a second price increase planned for April 1, 2023.
ITIL exam vouchers are valid for 1 year from the date of purchase so if you are planning to take an ITIL certification this year, you will want to purchase before April 1, 2023, to avoid the second price increase.
This Holiday Season, GogoTraining is giving away 1 ITIL 4 Managing Professional course per person. If you are interested in getting ITIL 4 Certified, Contact Us Today and let us know which ITIL 4 course you would like to receive at no charge.
Please note that PeopleCert, the ITIL Exam Institute, requires students to purchase the exam voucher for their ITIL courses before they are granted access to the course. To assist our students, we are offering exam discounts up to $200 depending on the exam required.
Wishing you the Happiest of Holidays and best wishes for the New Year ahead.
The Online ITSM Video Library is the perfect reference tool. It includes over 450 video tutorials on key ITSM concepts so you have the tools you need to succeed. It offers a comprehensive database of ITSM concepts. It is accurate and reliable. Organized by topic and taught by world-class ITSM practitioners. For more details on the Library and what comes with it, Click Here.
The Online ITSM Video Library is the perfect reference tool. It offers over 450 videos on key ITSM concepts so you can update easily and cost effectively.
- It’s Accurate
- It’s taught by ITSM Practitioners
- It’s easy to use
- It’s time friendly
- It’s the perfect reference tool
Why was the Online ITSM Video Library Created?
Except for taking expensive certification classes, reading time consuming books, or searching endlessly for information that may or may not be accurate on the internet, there is no comprehensive ITSM resource available and that’s why we created the Online ITSM Video Library. Whether you are new to service management or need deeper insight into key concepts, the Online ITSM Video Library has it all.
Benefits of the Online ITSM Video Library
- It offers a comprehensive database of ITSM concepts
- It is accurate and reliable
- It’s available 24/7 so no delays in learning
- It includes ITIL 4 and V3
- It is easy to find what you need as content is organized by topic
- It offers short digestible videos, so you don’t need hours to learn
- It is very low cost and is available for individuals and organizations
What the Online ITSM Video Library is Not
Please note that the Online ITSM Video Library is not a class. It is a resource tool designed to help individuals learn about key ITSM concepts. It has nothing to do with PeopleCert Accredited classes. If you are looking for PeopleCert Accredited classes, Contact GogoTraining.
Your Cost Effective ITSM Support Solution
The Online ITSM Video Library solution offered by GogoTraining can be purchased by individuals and organizations.
- Individual access is $995/year.
- Rates for organizations can be as low as $25/person.
By Jim Ragle
When preparing to take an IT-related certification exam, one needs to decide whether to self-study using free content found online or to pay for an accredited, on-demand training course specifically designed to prepare you for the relevant certification exam.
I’ve had to make this choice several times. And while I like to think of myself as resourceful and adept at filtering through online nonsense to find the good stuff, when it comes to certification exam prep it’s not worth the effort and risk to go it alone with free online content.
Choose the accredited training. You’ll get certified much easier and faster. Why?
First, let’s talk about the certification program content – the stuff that you will be tested on. For most certification programs, that content is copyrighted by the owner of the certification program. ITIL certification content, for example, is developed and maintained by Axelos, which is owned by PeopleCert. Axelos/PeopleCert protect their copyright, as any commercial company developing content would do. They make money by licensing that content to accredited training organizations and selling the certification (via an exam) to would-be practitioners like us. As such, non-accredited training programs that do not license the ITIL content from Axelos/PeopleCert are prohibited from using the copyrighted content in their training offerings.
So, how can a free, unaccredited ITIL training program do a good job of training you for the exam if they aren’t allowed to share with you the copyrighted ITIL principles, practices, and methodologies?
One way they try to get around this is to simply provide free (or even paid) “practice exams” or sets of test questions you can review. Just test questions and answers – no theory, no context, nothing taken from the copyrighted material (or not enough to raise any copyright issues). I’ve seen plenty of these free exam prep questions and they are often terribly written. Here are some issues I’ve repeatedly seen in free exam prep questions:
- Only basic knowledge of English grammar is needed to select the right answer. The question asks you to select the “action” that is most important in….whatever. Of the four answer choices, only one of them (the right answer) is an action. The other choices are simply not actions at all. Trust me, your actual certification exam will NOT pull this trick on you.
- Only a basic ability to count is needed to select the right answer. The question asks you to select the three elements of…whatever. Each available choice is a list of items, but only one of the choices lists three things. Again, you won’t see anything sloppy like this on a certification exam.
- Harder to spot are just wrong answers, where the available choices don’t contain the correct answer or the answer marked as correct is, in fact, not the correct one. If you’ve not been exposed to the program content through training, how would you know that the answer is not D, but is actually C? You are putting blind trust in these free test questions.
- Also hard to spot are questions that are simply irrelevant, off-topic, and thus highly unlikely to be on the exam. Again, if you’ve not been trained, how would you even know that the question was irrelevant? Why waste your time on this?
I’m not saying all the free exam prep content out there is bad. It probably isn’t. But how do you know if it’s good or bad if you don’t know the subject matter? After all, you are admittedly a beginner if you are seeking a training course in ITIL Foundation V4, for example.
- As a beginner, can you spot training content that is wrong, misleading, or irrelevant and thus highly likely to not be on the test?
- Can you spot test questions that don’t include the correct answer in the available choices? How would you know?
If you have a lot of time and are willing to wade through an abundance of ad-supported sites offering free sample test questions and can spot the red-flag test questions as described earlier, then maybe it will work for you. However, you still have to pay for the certification exam, and there is a risk that you fail the exam and have to pay to retake it. Are you willing to take that risk?
I’d rather pay for an accredited training program and save the time, hassle, and significantly reduce the risk of failing the test. What you get when you select an accredited training program is the following:
- Actual content from the certification owner’s materials, which is what the test will be based upon.
- If the training program is specifically for certification exam prep, then it will be targeted to exactly what will be on the exam, nothing less, not much more.
- If the training program is good, it will likely be developed and presented by someone who is expert in the field and who can provide context, real-world anecdotes, and other supplementary information to help build a fuller understanding of the content, but still within the bounds of what will be covered on the exam. This never hurts, as the test questions can and do change and sometimes they are situational and require more than just memorizing definitions.
- In addition to training content, good training programs include practice quizzes and practice tests, to help you gauge whether you are assimilating the content well enough to tackle the certification exam.
When I was preparing to take the ITIL Foundation V4 exam, I reviewed some of the free content (mostly free mini quizzes) and quickly realized this was a minefield. After some research into accredited training programs, I chose the ITIL Foundation V4 training program offered by GogoTraining. The course is structured as a series of modules (all on-demand) that include video presentations with accompanying slides, delivered by Dr. Suzanne Van Hove, who is a seasoned expert in IT Service Management and ITIL. She brings vast, real-world Service Management experience to the training and does a fantastic job of adding context to the sometimes seemingly abstract concepts in ITIL. Even with this additional context, the presentations were quickly paced – fast enough that I didn’t feel like I was wasting time but slow enough to follow (also, you can always pause and go back). Dr. Hove’s delivery is enthusiastic and animated, which helped make the training interesting and engaging. Also, after every couple of modules, there are quizzes to gauge your progress and two full practice exams to take after finishing the course. All helpful. Most importantly, after taking the training, I immediately took the ITIL Foundation V4 certification exam and passed quite easily.
Accredited is the way to go, in my opinion. And GogoTraining worked great for me.
Please note: If you find a provider willing to sell you a full ITIL Foundation course without an exam voucher, it means that the course is not accredited so you don’t know if it is accurate. PeopleCert has a department that works to police unaccredited courses because they want to make sure that students have the highest possible success rate.
If you have questions, happy to help. Thank you, Marianne
Get a bundle with ALL four ITIL 4 Managing Professional courses for one low price!
Introducing the ITIL 4 Managing Professional Pass. Everything you need to fast-track and achieve the highly regarded ITIL 4 Managing Professional designation at the best possible price, in the easiest possible way.
How the Pass Works:
The pass give you lifetime access to the online self-paced courses and full instructor support. Just like in the classroom, only better! Courses are very comprehensive and detailed and can be taken online, anywhere, anytime.
- The cost is $2,495 for all four courses – that’s a savings of 38% off regular fees!
- Lifetime Access – to all 4 Accredited, comprehensive & detailed courses
- Official AXELOS Textbook – comes with every course
- PeopleCert Exam Voucher included – one per course
- Instructor Q&A – Ask the instructor questions while you take the classes
The Pass Includes:
- ITIL 4 Specialist – Create, Deliver & Support
- ITIL 4 Specialist – Drive, Stakeholder Value
- ITIL 4 Specialist – High Velocity IT
- ITIL 4 Strategist – Direct, Plan & Improve
Click on the course title to get full course details.
The ITIL 4 Foundation exam is a prerequisite for all Managing Professional courses. There is no prerequisite for the ITIL 4 Foundation course/exam. Need Foundation certification? Select the package Foundation + MP package below.
Exam & Certifications
One PeopleCert Exam Voucher is included with every course in the package. You can add a Take2, PeopleCert Retake to the MP Package for $356.
Select the Purchase Option that’s right for you. If you would like to have a second exam option, then be sure to add the PeopleCert Retake package to your shopping cart.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Pass – $2,495
ITIL 4 Foundation & Managing Professional Pass – $2,995
Add PeopleCert Retake Package – $356
If you have any questions, or we can help in any way, Contact Us by Email or call us at 877.546.4446.
Valentine’s Day Special Offer – $597 (List Price $1,997)
With the increase in PeopleCert exam prices that took effect February 1, 2022, and our mission to deliver the highest quality courses at an affordable price, we worked very hard over the last several months to create a program design to give you access to the highest quality training at a price you can afford. When you join the ITSMS you will receive 20 courses valued at over $4,500 with Instructor Q&A Support included for a onetime membership fee of $597 and that’s not all.
- Lifetime Access
- 20 courses/100+ hours of content valued at over $4,500
- $150 off every PeopleCert exam voucher purchase
- Free Take2 with every PeopleCert exam voucher purchase (List Price $89 each)
- Unlimited Instructor Support to answer your questions – Priceless
- ITIL 4 Foundation*
- ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition*
- ITIL 4 Control, Deliver & Support*
- ITIL 4 Drive Stakeholder Value*
- ITIL 4 High-Velocity IT*
- ITIL 4 Direct, Plan & Improve*
- VeriSM Foundation
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Management Integration
- Project Scope Management
- Project Schedule Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Physical and Human Resource Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Agile Project Management and Latest on PMBOK 7th Edition
- Project Management Processes Illustrated and Explained
- Lifetime Access
- Receive 20 courses/over 100+ hours of training valued at over $4.500
- Save $150 every time you purchase a PeopleCert Exam
- Receive a Free Take2 with every PeopleCert Exam Purchase
- Over 100 PDUs Available
- Unlimited Instructor Support to Answer Your Questions
If you have questions about the club or would like to learn about Team Discounts, contact CustomerService@GogoTraining.com or call us at 877.546.4446 Today!
*Offer Rules: This offer is valid for the first 100 people to join or until February 29th – whichever comes first. This offer may not be combined with other offers.
All ITIL classes are Accredited by PeopleCert and PeopleCert requires that individuals purchase exam vouchers prior to training. As a valued member of the ITSMS Program you will receive a $150 exam voucher discount and a free Take2 with every ITIL exam you purchase. The discount is based on PeopleCert’s published pricing. All program discounts and instructions will be sent to you in your welcome letter.