Linux is an application enabling operating system that helps the user to access the devices on the computer system to perform various operations. In fact, it manages the communication between the computer’s hardware and software.
Features of Linux V7
Linux has now come up with additional features through its V7 version to enable scalability, reliability and security in its applications. This version has a very user friendly environment with improved operational efficiency. Features include
- Linux Containers having enhanced application development, delivery, portability and isolation.
- XLS as default file system having a scaling to 500 TB.
- Application runtimes and development, troubleshooting tools which are container- ready and are more powerful and secure.
- For modernizing the management services and security, an innovative infrastructure component system is provided.
- Linux V7 has optimized performance and easy scalability as it comes with built in performance profiles, tuning and instrumentation.
- In order to ensure a streamlined administration and system configuration, it is equipped with Unified management tooling and an industry-standard management framework with OpenLMI.
- Enhanced application isolation and security to counter unintentional interference and malicious attacks.
- In order to enable secure access for Microsoft Access Directory users, it is equipped with a cross-relam trust.
- Web Control- This is a new simpler front-end graphical interface. It configures and monitors one or more FAHClient slots through an easy to use webpage.
- FAHControl – This is an optional advanced front-end graphical interface which configures and monitors one or more FAHClient slots on one or more computers.
- FAH Slot- The FAH slot facilitate interconnectivity between GPUs and CPUs. Each slot can download, process and upload results independently.
- FAHViewer- This is a newly modeled work unit viewer which offers various options like ball and stick, space fill, zoom, rotation etc. It also has snapshot capture and cycling feature.
- FAHClient- This client software is a backend feature and runs behind the scene. It manages the work assignments for each and every client slots.
Learning basic Linux commands
One essential in order to master Linux V7 is to master the basic commands of Linux. Copy commands, disk duplicate commands and file commands are very much the same in all Linux versions.
Programming in Linux
In order to learn Linux and especially Linux V7, the user must be familiar with general programming basics. Linux distribution supports various programming languages like Ada, C, C++, Go and Fortran. Several programming languages like PHP, Perl, Ruby, Python, Java, Rust and Haskell support Linux. The Linux version includes specific purpose programming languages targeted in scripting, text processing and system configuration like shell script, awk, sed and make.