Whether you’re an active job seeker in the ever-changing IT industry or an entrenched veteran in need of new challenges, your New Year’s resolutions are ready-made.
A clear takeaway from the recent article in CIO.com offering career resolutions is all IT pros need to evolve along with the industry. As organizations gear up to add staff in an IT job market expected to hit the ground running in the year to come, your organized competitors for those jobs are already doing much of the following:
- Expand your sphere of influence to understand the big-picture business side of the industry you target
- Chart out a career map which includes a skills analysis, plan to bridge skills gaps and network of peers and mentors
- Build a current, dynamic personal website to market your “brand”
- Keep on top of your social profile by searching for yourself to see what comes up, much like your prospective hiring manager would
- Proper interview follow-up can pay under-appreciated dividends
- Get out of the comfort zone with new classes, seminars and industry introductions
Check out GogoTraining’s expansive list of video based courses and try something new – shake it up!
Source: CompTIA IT Careers Blog