PeopleCert’s ITIL Recertification Program goes into effect July 1, 2023 and it starts with ITIL 4 Certifications. Earlier Certifications are exempt. The program requires students to recertify every 3 years.
How Do I Know When to Recertify?
- If you received your ITIL 4 Certifications prior to June 2020, then you must renew your certification(s) by July 1, 2023.
- If you received your ITIL Certifications after June 2020, then you must renew 3 years from the date of certification.
What if I Hold Multiple Certifications?
The good news is that you do not need to recertify each certification. When you recertify one of your certifications, all of them automatically update.
How Do I Recertify?
PeopleCert offers 3 ways to recertify.
- You can take one of your certification exams over. You have to pay for it, take it and pass it.
- You can take a new course/certification. When you take and pass the exam, all of your previous certifications are updated.
- You can purchase the MyAxelos Subscription for $122/year and take 20 hours of classes/year or $366 in total plus 60 hours of study.
Which Method of Recertification is Most Cost Effective?
PeopleCert is releasing a new series of ITIL courses under the heading of Practice Manager. These courses are 1-day and the certification exam is the lowest cost of all the exams – only $237. With these courses you can gain a new certification, valuable knowledge and recertify at the lowest possible price.
The MyAxelos Subscription is well priced too, but you have to allocate 60 hours of your time to achieving your CPD’s. When you factor in what your time is worth, this option becomes very expensive. Paying to take the same exam again, seems like the biggest waste of money. The other options are more economical and give you the opportunity to enhance your skills.